TenTec

[TenTec] Aux Antenna

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Aux Antenna
From: owen@piper.eeel.nist.gov (James C. Owen, III)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:29:18 -0500 (EST)

> The idea of a 100K resistor from the xmitter output to ground is
>    intriguing,  Does this REALLY cause essentially no problem but
>  continually  drain off static buildup???? (sounds like a laundry
>  commercial --- that  static cling!)   I have a longwire and USUALLY
>  ground it when not in use,  but as seniliy approaches I often forget.
> Any one else doing this??  Any  comments from the group?

 Yes I'm doing this. In fact it cured a problem with static that kept
 blowing the diodes in the power meter of a 580 DELTA. I connected 100K
 1/2 w resistors from each position to ground of a B&W coax switch. A 50 ohm
nominal output rig will see a high value resistor as an open and it will not
be seen when shunted across an antenna of reasonable impedance.
73 Jim K4CGY