TenTec

[TenTec] Smelly 255 PS

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Smelly 255 PS
From: kkanalz@optelinc.com (Karl Kanalz - Dallas)
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 13:24 -0600
Astron DOES make versions of their linear-regulator
power supplies (as opposed to their new "switcher" line)
that have BUILT-IN speakers.  The steel enclosure
doesn't help the speakers sound "better", but they're there.

Karl K. - W8TIF
McKinney, Texas
 ----------
From: George Maier
To: Bahr, Casey
Cc: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Smelly 255 PS
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Friday, November 06, 1998 2:05PM

Hi Casey:
If it's toast, I'd go with an Astron.  This may heresy on a Ten Tec
reflector, but I've had a 35 Amp adjustable model here for 10 years.
Never hiccuped once; and has plenty of gas left over when the Omni V is
at full tilt.  The Ten Tec supplies always seem a bit marginal.  On the
other hand..... I wish it had a speaker inside, but you can't have it
both ways, it does have meters to monitor volts and amps.
Good luck:
George - K1GXT