TenTec

Re: [TenTec] My Argonaut II Came Back From the Factory Today

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My Argonaut II Came Back From the Factory Today
From: Steve Berg <wa9jml@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 15:24:55 -0500
I sent it in when RKR owned the company. So, I am not surprised that it took this long due to the change in control. Such changes inevitably are more difficult to accopmlish than what is planned.

They replaced two concentric pots, fixed the LCD backlight, and realigned, burned in, and tested it. As the owner of vintage motorcycles, I am used to having the newer models fixed first, because that is the lifeblood of the company. I am just delighted that I got it back, fixed, so I can enjoy it for more years. In my view, the charges under the new ownership are reasonable. And, now they are fixing our older equipment again.

73,

Steve WA9JML

On 5/9/2016 2:54 PM, art N4UC wrote:
I was hoping that the turnaround time for service had improved with the new policies
regarding the new pricing and reduced time spent by the technicians talking to people,
but 6-7 months sounds much worse than it was before. Did your Argo require any kind of
"special attention" or backordered parts that were out of TT control? Surely
that's not typical (I hope)

73,
Art N4UC

To: tentec@contesting.com
From: wa9jml@frontier.com
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 20:38:29 -0500

Back in the fall last year, I sent my Argonaut II back to Ten Tec
Service for some work.  It needed several concentric pots replaced and
the backlight circuit for the display fixed.  I also ordered two PTO
rebuild kits for my Corsair II and a hand mic for my Omni VII.  The
radio looks great, and tomorrow I will fire it up and put it through its
paces.

So, they are fixing older radios now.

73,

Steve WA9JML