TenTec

[TenTec] Fwd: orion 2 and 302r

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Fwd: orion 2 and 302r
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:20:41 -0400
         VE7TK sent the following and Rick is
correct...Rem Pod Enter must be set to VFO A Enter.
Mine was set to VFO B Enter and was simply doing
as programmed.  Why you would want the Pod's
Enter disassociated from the choice of VFO Enter
in F1-3 I have no idea, but I'm sure there is a very
good reason.  I only use my Pod for a remote RIT
in contests so was not completely familiar with
the VFO Enter scheme.  This is not the first time
I've been outsmarted by Orion's ergonomics and
I'm sure it will not be the last.

         VIn K1RM, you are on the right track
to always call Paul Clinton if you have a problem.
He is one of the first guys to contact for anyone
having problems (hint...always call on the phone
instead of using email if you really want to get to
the root of your problem quickly).

                         73,  Bill