TenTec

[TenTec] Omni PTO rebuild--different grease

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni PTO rebuild--different grease
From: scottsheppard@videotron.ca
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 23:29:26 -0500
So I decided to rebuild the PTO yesterday after opting to delay the eventual
DDS conversion...when I walked out to the garage I thought about all the posts
I have read here>> red grease, gear grease, tentec grease, bicycle grease etc
etc...I do not wish to reignite that debate...

When I walked into the garage the first thing I saw was a tube of Silicone
dielectric grease...I thought what the heck..

It is all cleaned and back together (i never used a rebuild kit) and it is
working very well. I am not an expert on the dielectric grease properties, but
I know the stuff I put on the Spark plug connectors sure hold up well to heat
and abuse on the car...time will tell!

73 scott