TenTec

Re: [TenTec] TT Eagle tuner spec: SWR v. impedance range?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TT Eagle tuner spec: SWR v. impedance range?
From: "N4PY" <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 11:54:23 -0500
Impedance also has a reactance component.  A 2:1 SWR could be a 25 ohm 0
reactance load or a 100 ohm zero reactance load as you state.  But there are
also an infinite number of values of real and reactive values that can give
a 2:1 SWR.  Impedance is R + jX where R is the real part of the impedance
and X is the reactive part of the impedance.  So it is not as simple as it
sounds.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr
Hays, NC 28635