TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion and ALS-600

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and ALS-600
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:52:23 EDT

I am currently using one with my orion and it seems to work pretty  well, but
I primarily work ssb and don't know how it does in full QSK.

I use mine straight through on the RLY line with a shielded audio cable (
rca ends)  and no problems yet, except to remember to turn the bandswitch  when
changing bands.

 I I have only had the Orion a month and the als 600 about 3 weeks so  I may
not be qualified to give a definitive answer, but I am very happy with  it.
I'm to lazy to hook the the ALPHA 76. and manually tune all day.

tom N6AJR    hope this helps

In a message dated 6/22/2005 2:36:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cunnings@lectrosonics.com writes:

Hi,

Anyone here using an Orion with an Ameritron ALS-600 amp? If  so, are there
any gotchas with that particular transceiver/amp pairing?  (I'm a cw
operator.)

Thanks,

Bob  NW8L