TenTec

[TenTec] Astron's

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Astron's
From: kkanalz@optelinc.com (kkanalz@optelinc.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:11:43 -0600

Be extremely careful with putting your Astron supply on the
carpeted floor to suppress the mecahnical hum!
Chances are, your carpet is blocking some air ventilation
slots on the BOTTOM (rear) of the Astron cabinet!  It's
essential that these ventilation slots NOT be blocked!

Karl K. - W8TIF
McKinney, Texas

Michael Gusky <mgusky@bellsouth.net> on 01/14/99 07:14:47 PM

To:   Steve Ellington <n4lq@iglou.com>
cc:   tentec@contesting.com (bcc: Karl Kanalz/hdq/Optel)

Subject:  Re: [TenTec] Astron's

Steve, I know what you mean.  I have an Astron 35M and it plays the same
tune every time I turn it on.  I have tried just about everything I can
think of and finally learned to live with the hum.  From an electrical
standpoint, the Astron looks really clean on a scope and does a great
job with my Corsair 2. Regulation is great and I can count on 13.8 volts
everytime.  My final remedy was to put the supply on the carpet floor
beneath my operating desk.  I appears that the carpet absorbs some of
the resonant noise from the case.  Let me know if you get any relief!

73
Mike   K5UX