TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Transformer needed

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 Transformer needed
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 12:03:16 -0700
The primary to secondary short is a known problem with the 425's, and mine
went back to the factory some years ago for a replacement which is still
running fine today.

You can't go wrong with a Peter Dahl transformer as a replacement, but I
would suggest calling them on the phone.  Here is a link to an article about
beefing up the venerable 425 which is good for future reference even if you
keep the finals and the plate voltage the same.  The author used a specially
built Peter Dahl transformer for the project which turns the 425 into 3.5 kW
ground pounder!

http://www.hamradiomarket.com/articles/Titan%20P%20Hybrid.htm

         Ron N6IE
      www.N6IE.com