TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna
From: kf6e@mail.com
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 08:24:19 -0500
I don't need permission to play, only to erect a basketball backstop.

My next door neighbor came over one evening and after a little chit-chat, asked
me to sign a document.  I asked what it was.  He said it was the permission
form for him to install a storm door.  I need to get permission to change the
color of the shutters on my house, or put down a piece of drift wood as
decoration in the garden.

I like the idea of a spiral-wound antenna with counterpoise as wall-mounted
flag pole.  I'll start experimenting with lengths.  If I put the remote tuner
on the ground behind bushes and run a wire up to the antenna, the whole thing
would load.  Do you suppose an eight-foot ground rod right at the tuner would
suffice, or would I still need a counterpoise?

73,
Frank