TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Need advice about OVP for 262G

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need advice about OVP for 262G
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:34:42 -0400
Well, let's see....  Assuming your post is not an April Fool's Day joke,
imagine your sending ~25VDC into the 540.  How long do you suspect you have
before the rig is damaged.  Others have tried your experiment and were
disappointed with the result.  You might want to hook it all up and short
the 262G's pass transistor to save the time of waiting for a naturally
occurring failure.  Please advise the group of your test results.

73, Mike N4NT