TenTec

[TenTec] The $1200-1400 TenTec - What features would you want and sacrif

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The $1200-1400 TenTec - What features would you want and sacrifice?
From: JimN0OCT@aol.com (JimN0OCT@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:01:48 EDT
Well, this is interesting.  I think that for a $1200 dollar rig, we could
start by looking at what makes Ten Tec different--great basic receiver
performance.  Create an uncrunchable front end with high level mixers [either
passive or active], use a solid single conversion design, and offer 2 real
good crystal filters--one for SSB, one for CW.

It needs great QSK, a great CW note, good selectivity, great dynamic range,
good audio and an ergonomnic layout.

What isn't absolutely necessary would be DSP, general coverage receive, second
VFO or built-in antenna tuner [not that any TT rigs have this anyway].

The second VFO and DSP might be nice, but the general coverage receive
wouldn't, in my opinion.

This is fun!

73, jim
n0oct