TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Orion II, RX Antennas and use of AGC/RF Gain....

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II, RX Antennas and use of AGC/RF Gain....
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 20:27:28 -0500
Brad:

My take on this is that every antenna efficiency is different, every antenna
will have different noise characteristics just to name a couple of
parameters.  Correctly applied, every case will require receiver adjustments
to attain optimum results.  Sorry but with today's technology, the radio and
its computer won't do it for you.  That includes the Orion II and the
FT-1000D.

73
Bob, K4TAX