TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni C crystal holder source

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C crystal holder source
From: James Boswell <ka5siw@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 08:13:25 -0700 (PDT)
Curt,
     Years ago I used the connectors from turntable cartriges to add
connections
for crystals.

     You might be able to rob a crystal connection block from an old 2meter
crystal transiever, if you can find one.
      Trying to solder the crystal directly to the board is tricky, as you can
cause an intermittent connection inside the crystal.

Good luck, 73'S

KA5SIW