TenTec

Omni Lineage

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni Lineage
From: junger@usgs.gov (Unger)
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 12:17:33 -0500
On May 16,  3:47pm, Steve Runyon WQ5G  512-838-7008 wrote:
> Subject: Omni Lineage
>
> One nice feature of the Omni-D, which is not available on the
> V or VI - I have the optional external VFO (this is required to work
> split freq - unless you have REALLY FAST hands :-). With the
> external VFO, I can also listen to two freq's simultaneously.

This feature is also available on my Corsair II when using an external
VFO. In fact, on the Corsair II/external VFO setup you have a "fader"
control, which varies the relative audio output of the two frequencies
that you hear.  As Steve says, I find this feature invaluable when
working big pile-ups.  I don't know why something like this was not
designed into the Omni VI; it's probably the one reason I haven't
upgraded to that rig.

73 - John