TenTec

Omni Ds

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni Ds
From: steve@austin.ibm.com (Steve Runyon WQ5G 512-838-7008)
Date: Fri, 17 May 96 15:49:31 -0600
Ron Rossi wrote:
>I am using the Corsair VFO with my Omni-D.  Have you noticed any "imaging"
>effects when listening to both VFOs?  I can hear stations with both selected
>that I can not hear with either one selected individually.  It seems that
>I can hear (very weakly) audio from the second VFO even when it is not
>selected.  Have you noticed that effect as well?

Hi Ron,
On my Omni D with the original external VFO, I have never heard a
station with both freqs selected that I could not hear on the single
rcv mode. In fact, it seems to slightly lessen the sensitivity when
I have two freqs on rcv at the same time - if there is a station right
at the noise level, then he usually disappears into the noise when
I select dual rcv. Also, I have never noticed any feedthru from the
second VFO if it is not selected.

----------------
I also have a question that I would like to ask the other
reflectorites:

I mentioned the other day that if the Omni V or VI
would offer the dual freq rcv capability, I would go out and buy one.
I am wondering if there is any way to modify the V or VI to add this
capability. They already have two VFOs, does it just need an
additional mixer??? Anybody have any idea if this can be done on the
V and VI? As I said, I really love the dual rcv capability and
won't give it up, but I don't have room on my desk for two rcvrs!

73 de Steve WQ5G