TenTec

Headphones for best S/N on Scout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Headphones for best S/N on Scout
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 13:42:11 -0400
Go to Radio Shack, et. al. and get an audio output transformer - 8 to 1000
ohms center tapped, is the most common.. solder the mounting ears of the case
to a strip of circuit board and add phono/phone/etc. connectors..  I have
both in parallel on each end of the transformer...
I have two on the bench here for various tnc's which are fussy about the
impedence ... with a few jumper leads they can be configured various ways...
for example, a pair allows you to put them back to back so you have 8 ohms in
and out, isolated - which is handy for a quick and dirty cure of ground loop
hum... another trick is to parallel the 1000 ohm inputs, which gives you two,
isolated 8 ohm outputs from the same hi impedence source... have fun...

Denny