TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Indoor Antenna
From: Clayton Brantley <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 06:52:27 -0800 (PST)
I remember a sprial wound antenna in the ARRL handbook,perhaps in the '70s.
You
need one wavelength
of wire wound on a dowel about 2" dia.  The length of a 20 meter antenna would
be just over two to three
feet.  Can feed the antenna with the "hot" and the gutter with the shield.
Worked a few JAs on 20 cw with it!.

Clayton N4EV