TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Computer Interface for the Omni VI

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Computer Interface for the Omni VI
From: "David Drake" <drakes@psci.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:49:38 -0400
Thanks for the input.  The straight through cabling, or the program setup,
does have issues.  One program reads everything except mode correctly.  So
things are not working perfectly.  I've yet to find one that set up
intuitively, and most take quite a bit of head scratching and reading.  I
have a pet peive (sp?) about the on-line manual downloads.  When I see one
with over 100 pages, I just move on.  I don't read very well on line, and
find I need to print things out for better comprehension and future
reference. Thats a lot of ink and paper.

 I'm still looking at several programs, but just wanted to get some input
and opinions and most importantly try to avoid the simple mistakes many of
us make.
Yes, It seems you are correct about the level converter being not necessary.
I just wondered if there was something I was missing.
Thanks a bunch,
David