TenTec

[TenTec] receiver specifications ---Eagle

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] receiver specifications ---Eagle
From: mike bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:31:19 -0500
It's cold outside, so let me grab the pull tab of a brand-new can of worms and
yank it open.

I know I'm not the sharpest knife int he drawer, and as the worms crawl out,
I've been thinking of the Eagle.

So, I was looking over the receiver specifications on the Sherwood Engineering
web site :

http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

the table is sorted by dynamic range narrow spaced.

So it seems that the Yaesu FTdx5000 is the leader

but!

number seven down the list is the Ten Tec Eagle, coming in just under the Orion
I.

So, is the Eagle that much better than the ICOM pro series? (The Atlas 210 has
a better receiver than the Icom 756 Pro III? The Heathkit SB104 better than the
unmodified Drake R4C?)

Or, am I looking at the chart and seeing something else?

Can a casual operator like myself, tell the difference between the number seven
Eagle and the K3, Orion II, and the Yaesu FTdx5000?

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
 Albert Einstein