TenTec

[TenTec] RE: Orion / Pro II DSP Question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Orion / Pro II DSP Question
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 13:25:43 EST
Thanks to all who responded, I am going to also wait and check the specs on
the new  Pro 3 coming out.  I know alot of people like to update a radio via
the internet, but i'm still not convinced that doesn't bring a whole new set of
potential problems that may or may not happen, vs.a rig that is non
upgradeable, and must be sent back if repairs are needed. (Most likely for a
hardware
failure as the software isn't changeable. And I'm sure the Orion must be sent
in
for repairs if it's a hardware failure that happens.) Oh well, I've got
plenty of time to research before I decide.

73, Todd - KT0DD - kd7efq@aol.com
"The race is over...THE RATS WON !"