TenTec

[TenTec] Tentec Omni D no (low) power output

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Omni D no (low) power output
From: Scott Sheppard <scottsheppard@videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:51:21 -0500
Well, I picked up a real lemon on ebay that I am trying to bring back to
life...at the moment my focus is on teh power output--or lack of it. I manage
about 2 watts or less on all bands and never more than 3.5 amps draw even with
drive full on...so the low level driver is doing its thing anyway. When I
checked at the PA terminals (the feed thru posts to the PA) the voltages all
checked within range so its 'inside the PA...I took it off the rig and had a
look in the hopes something obvious would present itself but no luck.

My question is, howw do I go about checking the PA now...can I test the
transistors in circuit? I am hoping it is the 2nd stage of amplification and
not the actual finals themselves as 2 watts is surely just the low level driver
so perhaps its the MRF 476's?

73

scott  VA3IED