TenTec

[TenTec] #422B Centurion Linear Amp......ARCING problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] #422B Centurion Linear Amp......ARCING problem
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:36:39 -0500
Bob, I am very glad you got your problem resolved.  With all due
respect, you were and are a little short on information.  I assume the
problem cap was one of the electrolytic filter caps.  I have to assume
you see, because you have not even been specific about the type of cap
that was the problem.

The following is your original post from early June, which was all the
people here had to go on, since you never posted a reply to them as
far as I can tell.  Paul is great, but I bet you spoke with him on the
phone and he had the opportunity to ask a few questions.  You are not
being fair to those who tried to help you here.

73

Rob
K5UJ

[TenTec] Centurion 422B
from [BOB@W2PNJ]
To:      Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject:         [TenTec] Centurion 422B
From:    "BOB@W2PNJ" <bobw2pnj@optimum.net>
Date:    Tue, 08 Jun 2010 20:54:18 -0400

Approx. every four minutes or so I hear a loud snap sound from the Amp. The
unit is in the standby mode when it happens. It also does it in the operate
mode. Bob W2PNJ