TenTec

[TenTec] OMNI VI Problems- any ideas?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Problems- any ideas?
From: John Carioti <jvc7388@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:17:17 -0400
I purchased an Omni VI about 9 months ago.  Even though the seller said the
rig was 100%, I have noticed several things that are wrong.  Some things are
tolerable, but a few are show stoppers.

The worst problem is on CW- the rig becomes unstable after a few hours of
operation.  Received and transmitted CW becomes extremely chirpy (on all
bands).  The only way to correct this is to shut the rig off for 30 mins and
let everything cool down.  Not very helpful in the middle of a contest!

Has any one else run into this problem?  I've searched a bit and can't come
up with any ideas.  I'm not an EE but can certainly do some troubleshooting
if someone points me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

John K2ZJ