TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Re. Low RTTY Output on Omni VII

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re. Low RTTY Output on Omni VII
From: Glenn AE0Q <gm5bkc@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 07:19:31 -0700
On many modern radios, the FSK mode is really an internal AFSK arrangement,
you just don't see or mess with the tone injection, etc..  The old standard
of using FSK when possible may not actually be any better in these radios.

I don't know about the Omni VII specifically, but you might look at the
schematics to see if this is the case.  If so, you will feel better about
using AFSK!

73 - Glenn AE0Q

--
"Remember, any tool can be the right tool!"   Red Green

     AE0Q           ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, V31RY, SV0WY, WA0VPK
ae0q@arrl.net    --SOWP 5558-M, ARRL LM, QCWA LM, OOTC, NCVA--
http://www.radiotipsandtales.com