TenTec

Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter

To: <davidcuttler@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:42:12 -0600
Easy solution, build a 50 ohm 10 dB pad or attenuator and use it between the
transmitter output and the transverter TX input.  For the input resistor use
10 pieces of 2W carbon 1000 ohm resistors connected parallel, the output R
should be 100 ohms 2 watt and the series resistor of about 75 ohms.  This
will make a pi pad design.

You will need to bring the IF output separate from the transverter to the
AUX RX input on the Corsair.

As to the input of the transverter hit with excessive power, yep, you get
one shot to blow the input mixer.

73
Bob, K4TAX