TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Need: Triton power plug/connector

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need: Triton power plug/connector
From: "Jim Younce" <k4zm@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:26:33 -0500
That is a Cinch-Jones Connector and I think the part number is S-306-CCT.
You really need to be careful using a power supply that has no over current
protection built in.  Ten Tec put the protection for the final amplifier
transistors in the limiting of the current from the power supply and the
circuit is located in the power supply.  Most of the other manufactures are
using an SWR circuit in the transceiver that shuts down the drive to the
finals.  Remember that a 2-1 SWR can be either 100 Ohms or 25 Ohms.  In the
case of the 25 ohms the current would be excessive.  However if it was 100
ohms the final would simply draw less current.

73
Jim Younce K4ZM