TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net Frequencies & Times?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Net Frequencies & Times?
From: "Bill Harris" <W7KXB@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 19:58:22 -0700
  From: Pfizenmayer<mailto:pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
  To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment<mailto:tentec@contesting.com>
  Cc: wb7nxh@arrl.org<mailto:wb7nxh@arrl.org>
  Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 11:58 AM

  Now lets see -- 4:30 pm - Eastern time - but is that EST or EDT ??  So 1630
  EST to UTC is 2130Z  - but if its EDT its 2030Z

  By same token 5:30 pm  becomes either 2130Z or 2230Z .

  Now my QST says from first Sunday in April to last Sunday in October  UTC is
  Eastern Time + 4 hours. And rest of year its Eastern Time plus 5 hours.

  So I guess after all that the Net on 20 is at 1630EST  plus 4 or 2030Z.

  20 meter net at 1730 plus 4 or 2130Z.

  I have begged ARRL for several years to PLEASE add a column of UTC to THEIR
  schedules - with no success at all. Every year they say " Yep thats a good
  idea "- but it never happens. Ever try to figure out when FD messages will
  be sent ? When you live in a state that never changes time it further
  confuses the issues.

   I dunno -- UTC seems so easy to me - just get it from WWV - no
  calculations - no looking up is  daylight savings there , do they have
  daylight savings , no plus or minus an hour etc etc .

  Hank K7HP