TenTec

[TenTec] V2.0 for the original Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] V2.0 for the original Orion
From: "Mark DeBord" <markinkpt@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 20:23:51 -0500
Update so far.

Loaded the beta code on the original Orion. Did a master reset. Immediately,
the display is much dimmer and the contrast must be set to about 42. The
sweep display works great. Mine had the hardware mod already since I bought
mine recently. The monitor function works better too; do not have to turn
the af gain up when listening to my audio; matches the receive level now.
However, the transmit audio has changed. I just recently bought the w2ihy
boxes and had my equalization and mic gain on th Orion set to match.
However, the mic gain must now be reduced to almost 20 with the Studio One
(which might be good) and the TX equalization is off. Not sure what the EQ
settings must be set to now. I used to run it at -6 db with the w2ihy
equipment, but will have to find the sweet spot now. I think I will need to
re-adjust the w2ihy equipment equalization to get my audio back in line. I
actually loaded the old software back since I did not have time to play with
the transmit audio tonight; will try again later. If anyone else figures it
out, using the Studio One, please post.

Thanks,
Mark KA4ICK