TenTec

Re: [TenTec] SDR-1000

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SDR-1000
From: "James Duffer" <dufferjames@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 08:14:50 -0500
What is your take on the post which stated the SDR-1000 was to have a MDS of
"-160?"

My two main HF radios, an Omni VI, and a FT-1000D have, I believe a decent
MDS, but it still seems that ambient noise is the limiting factor.  I don't
think a MDS of -160 would resullt in a beneficial improvement.

As I recall from the post, the -160 was being predicted with some future
hard/firm-ware changes.

73, Jim de wd4air

P.S.  That radar site had a microwave system manufactured by Collins radio.
I also use to work at a microwave repeater site located in Thalman, GA which
was frequency and space diversity using Collins equipment.  I just haven't
heard many people mention the fact that Collins was big in microwave at one
time (60s).