TenTec

[TenTec] ORION Returns

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION Returns
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Sat Aug 2 10:59:46 2003
    My Orion is also aging rather well and Ten-Tec can NOT have it back!  I
would consider letting them "borrow" it if, and when, some update (such as the
Omni VI upgrade to Option 3) requires it to go back for a visit.
    I am quite pleased with this rig and do not feel that I have not gotten my
money's worth.  I am not a demanding operator and "technically" do not need a
rig this good BUT that does not mean that I can not enjoy it as much as anyone
else.  My only gripe is that the Orion gets dust on it!  A rig this expensive
should have digital dust repulsion circuitry built in - although I would
probably settle for the analog version if I had to.  Perhaps a future firmware
update will address the dust issue.  :-)
    Lest someone think I am being sarcastic or am making fun of "legitimate"
complaints let me state that this IS NOT the case.  My Email program has a
flame suppressor.
    One "good" thing about Orions that are returned is that some lucky people
get to buy one of them off Ten-Tec's "used and demo equipment" list.   73,  Bill
wa2pvk@msn.com

Please visit my home page:
http://mysite.verizon.net/wa2pvk