TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Paragon Clock

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Clock
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:35:43 -0500
I had the same problem and did not connect the first couple of times.... but I
did keep set it to GMT and there's no DST change.  I was working in TELECOM and
all our equipment was (or we tried to) clocked to GMT / UTC so I became very
aware of PCs and other equipment which was changing time automatically,
sometimes unexpectedly. When I asked the folks at Ten-Tec about the Paragon
clock, it turns out that the design engineer who spec'd the Motorola chip had
not documented the DST adjustment feature and was no longer employed by TT. As
part of my employers Y2K project I was able to get Motorola to provide
documentation on the the compatibility of of the chip. Nice radio... just
verify the clock time before using the Paragon clock to log those DX
contacts.... that was my first indication of a problem; I received several QSLs
which were one hour off what I had for the contact time in my paper log.

73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M
www.csm-gh.com