TenTec

Re: [TenTec] adding xtal filter to the Orion

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] adding xtal filter to the Orion
From: Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:46:41 -0500
Hi Bill...so good to hear from you...I have the highest respect for
your comments...I did not know that INRAD had built the filters...I
knew they offered the xtals a few years ago...I am looking at trying
to get a little tighter response on 20m and 40m than waht they
offer...but my origional question is where in the rcvr path one would
instal/modify the Orion to get access to a rcv in and out line...the
FT100MP has such on the back of it...labeles RCV IN and OUT...I am
thinking it will require digging into the Orion anmd locating the
ideal place to tap into the rcv line.....possibly to use two of the
existing plugs on the back of the radio that I dont use might make
sense too....thanks for your comments.

de Rick