TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OT: O'scopes

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: O'scopes
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:25:33 +0000
Because of minimal shack space, I bought a highly regarded Rigol DSO.  I
think they're going for about $400 now in 100Mhz flavor.  To make a long
story short, I sold it about a month later.  It's a very different animal
than an analog scope where you can just pick up a probe, twiddle vert and
horiz knobs (and maybe trigger) and get a nice trace.  And because of the
digitization, the trace doesn't look smooth like an analog scope.  Steep
learning curve.  I understand lots of folks like these DSO's, but it just
wasn't my cup of tea.  I went searching for a smallish analog scope and
ended up with a slightly used BK 2160.

Barry N1EU