TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 565 (AT) Advice Sought

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 565 (AT) Advice Sought
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:13:39 +0000
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 1:33 AM, k3hx@juno.com <k3hx@juno.com> wrote:

> 1. Suggested settings.  Years ago there was a list of settings to optimize
> the Orion I for CW operation.  I'd be grateful for such a list applicable
> to the upgraded software

Receiver settings were much more critical back in 2003-2004, not any
longer.  Just remember to use high AF Gain and low RF Gain and you'll be
fine.

> 2. Is there a way to make one of the CW memories suitable for calling
> CQ during a contest so:
>
> CQ TEST DE K3HX
>
> Pause and repeat until a paddle swipe stops the message.

No, as far as I know there's no repeat function in the memories.

> 3. Advice in using the SAF function.

CW: tune in signal first to match your sidetone frequency; engage SAF with
width 10-20hz and adjust center freq to your sidetone freq +/- to peak
signal

SSB/AM: set width to 300hz and adjust center freq for best readability

> 4. Advice in using the radio in a diversity reception mode.

Set RX and SUBRX to same VFO and different antennas.  Use stereo headphones
and set Audio to Main/L and Sub/R

> 5. What is the "fixed CW vs FSK" issue?

some bug that was fixed

73,