TenTec

[TenTec] Omni D resonate falling down

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D resonate falling down
From: Neil Martinsen-Burrell <neilmartinsenburrell@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 08:01:18 -0500
The resonate knob on my Omni D seems to be falling down on the job.  That
is, when I try to resonate the permeability tuned circuits on anything
above 40m, the knob spins itself back to near 7 MHz.

I think the mechanism is similar to that in my Argonaut 505 and I imagine
what is happening is that the weight of the elevator mechanism is too great
for the friction in the system and it is literally falling down under its
own weight.

Since I doubt I am the first one to experience this, I wonder what the
recommended trick is to get the elevator to stay up. <wink, wink>  Is there
a tensioning screw or spring? What is the opposite of lubrication?  Do I
need to put rosin on something?

-Neil