TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - No transmit power output 10 meters

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter - No transmit power output 10 meters
From: "dgervasi" <dgervasi@skybest.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 16:28:24 -0500
I just finished repairing a Jupiter for that same problem. Both the 160M and
10/24 M bands had no transmit output. The problem was the HASCO relays on
the LPF module on those two bands. The coils were open and can be checked
with DVM or multimeter for continuity. The relays are very inexpensive and
available from Ten-Tec for $2.00 each. Paul suggested I replace all 15
however only 14 are the HASCO type and the 15th one is what appears to be
reed relay. Check the input to the LPF board with an oscilloscope. The input
signals were there on the one I repaired on all the band inputs but no
output from the filters on the faulty bands.
Good luck,

Duane KF4ZS