TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OMNI D ser B low power output--still no joy

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI D ser B low power output--still no joy
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:41:54 -0500
yup!

In fact, I'd drop back a few more stages just to be sure.

Look at the TX mixer 80453 and ensure you have enough VFO input from the VFO
amp and enough LO input.
>From there it goes into the bandpass filter. 99.999% of the time there's
>nothing to go wrong here, and don't diddle any of the coils.

Make sure you have the "T" voltages on all the sections that require it.

Check for the simple things on the 80444 driver board

Make sure the ground pins are really at ground. Use your VOM.

the +13 volts should be there.
The "T" voltage should be there in transmit condition
Input from the bandpass filter should be there

If you have 'scope, you can check for gain as you probe each stage.

You should see RF at the base of Q1 and then more on the collector of Q1 and
then more RF at the collector of Q3 and even more RF at the collector of Q5 and
then out via T1.

right now  it dosen't matter how much or what the value is, you simply want to
see the gain as it increases from one stage to another.

if you have the same level on the base of Q1 as the collector of Q5, then the
stages aren't amplifying.

Don't have a scope?

Use an RF probe.

Don't have a RF probe,

then make one using a .01 cap, and a 1N60 diode. Check any ARRL handbook for
the schematic.

mike, Wb8vge