TenTec

[TenTec] Argonaut 505 Project Rig

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut 505 Project Rig
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:52:40 -0500
Like I needed ANOTHER shack project right now. <g>

I traded this morning with my friend Bill W3WH and obtained the Argonaut 505
he purchased at our club hamfest at this time last year.  (Also got 208
external CW filter & original manuals)

When Bill obtained the rig, he was assured that it was fully functioning.
Sadly, it wasn't.  (I'm not going to accuse the seller of being a liar, in
one circumlocution or another, but only because I don't know what was
actually said.)  The receive audio has some problems.

Bill had sent the rig to Sevierville shortly after obtaining it.  My
understanding is that it was returned as unrepairable due to lack of parts.

Obviously I've not yet delved into it (and probably won't for a while) --
I'm still unloading the car and the morning, er, treasure collection.

But, does someone out on the list have a 505 parts rig that has a working
receiver?  Or an alternative circuit to bring this unit back to life?

(And I'm not adverse to working out a trade if someone needs a rig... much
as I'd love to park the 505 next to my PM-2B...)

73, ron w3wn