TenTec

Re: [TenTec] 564

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 564
From: Jim Goudie <jagoudie@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:33:07 -0400
Another standard bit of advice for all sorts of flaky problems with the Omni VI
is to "exercise the connectors"... and perhaps carefully clean them with DeoxIt
and PerservIt in the process.  The connectors are all those cable connectors
going from board to board, and board to front panel controls and such.
Exercising the connectors is simply a fancy way of saying unplug and replug
them a few times to make sure they are making good connections.

And, don't do what I did once and forget exactly how it was plugged in (leaving
one pin unconnected...).  I have had some problems solved this way.

Jim,
AF3Z