TenTec

Re: [TenTec] how to quiet fan noise on 425 amp

To: <Gary@doctorgary.net>,"Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] how to quiet fan noise on 425 amp
From: "Ron Castro" <ronc@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 13:30:00 -0800
Plastic bubble wrap works well, too, even though it's not 'Fung Shoey'
either :~) !

I went on a shack-quieting tirade this past year.  The main noise-maker was
a desktop computer that got a new ultra-low-noise power supply, CPU cooler
and case fan.  Also now running an ACOM 2000A linear which is dead silent.
I must have knocked the ambient noise level down 20-30 dB.

         Ron N6IE
      www.N6IE.com