TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Peg/Jupiter control software

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Peg/Jupiter control software
From: "n4lq" <n4lq@iglou.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:43:02 -0500
Carl. You should write a book on this. It would be a number one seller!
Looking at some of the software available, it's impossible to tell what
works and what doesn't. We are all grateful that you monitor this
reflector and answer out questions. The more I use the N4PY software,
the more cool features I find. One good example is the express tuning
option, or whatever you call it. For some time I have been frustrated
with how much you must crank the remote tuning knob to move from one
part
of the band to the other and changing the steps is such a pain. Then I
did something really against my nature. I read the manual. One mouse
click and now I have variable ratio tuning. The faster I crank the knob,
the higher the ratio just like the rest of the rigs!
I've looked at a Pegasus/Jupiter control program called HamStation by
callsign software and I must admit it does have a pretty screen. But I
can't find anything out about it. When I as the author a question via
email, I get a 2 word answer which just generates more questions. I gave
up.
I've been in contact with the WriteLog crew and they tell me that
Writelog will directly control the Jupiter without any control software.
They claim it has a small, limited function, control panel on their
screen.
Anyway, I have yet another question. I have PY installed on my main
computer and want to put it on my laptop. It appears that I need another
password. How do we make this work?

Steve N4LQ