TenTec

Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec
From: Fernando <n2fq@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 07:46:07 -0700
My introduction to Ten Tec was via a birthday (55th) gift that the family
surprised

me with. Apparently, while reading QST, I had left the magazine open

to a page where the Jupiter was pictured. Our enterprising son figured

that I must have been interested in it and convinced the rest of the family

to chip in. They also gave me a coupon for the power supply because

the follow on the other end at Ten Tec inquired about the need for such

a thing and our son wasn't sure.

Anyway, 11 years later I have the Jupiter Anniversary model

and an Orion and a couple of Ten Tec paddles.

These are used daily on cw. Prior to that, the rigs I was using seems crude

on cw.

Oh.. and leaving magazines laying around has not work since.

Our son has since married and lives on his own and

the wife just says to clean up. LOL

Fernando N2FQ/6
n2fq@sbcglobal.net