TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Titan III screen current question.....

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan III screen current question.....
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 23:28:12 +0200
On Mar 12, 2010, at 5:14 PM, Roy wrote:

> I got radical. I fashioned a strip made from a old ruler, painted it
> match the meters' trim, mounted two # 47 sockets on its underside and
> attached it just at the bottom FRONT of the meters using spacers and
> velcro
> fasteners. Now the meters are front lighted like in the old days
> (Millen
> used to make such meter front panel brackets for this very purpose).
> The
> lamps are powered externally by a small transformer. Sweet comfort. No
> dreading the day when lamps need replacing.

According to Garey - K4OAH, who is an expert on Drake equipment (if
you are on the Drake list, you are very familar with him and his
expertise), if you replace the  number 47 bulbs with  number 755
instead they will last the life of the equipment. In my case it was an
SPR-4 receiver, but I expect the lifetime of a Titan III would be
about the same.

Geoff.
--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM