TenTec

[TenTec] Scout replacement meter---solid state

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout replacement meter---solid state
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:39:34 -0400
Gang!

Having very little luck trying to find a replacement analog meter for
the scout, I decided to design a solid state version..

the proof of concept has been installed and I have to say works just
fine.

using a moving bar LED display, it's not ground breaking technology
but for the simple scout, it's quite doable.

fits inside the old analog meter. I put the driver pcb in the location
that holds (held the noise blanker) there was no blanker in my scout.

I'll post up some links with photos and perhaps some video showing the
new meter in action.

pop me a note if you're interested in any photos or videos..

mike

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced