TenTec

Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI +ver 3 info?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI +ver 3 info?
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:20:18 -0400
Brian,

I don't know which specific models of filters you have, but I can tell you
that in many cases filters differ in the number of "poles" they implement.
An example being replacing the 4 pole 2.4 khz filter in some ten tec models
with an 8 pole aftermarket filter.  It gives you sharper, and deeper,
skirts, without much insertion loss.  The result ?  In the heat of battle,
with strong signals climbing in very close to you, the deeper skirts will
allow you to operate better through a qrm rich environment.  Otherwise, you
will notice little change.  If thats the kind of filters you have, it would
explain their purpose.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ