TenTec

RE: [TenTec] Question regarding Omni VI+ on SSB

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Question regarding Omni VI+ on SSB
From: "Chuck (Jack) Hawley" <c-hawley@uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:10:04 -0600
I noticed that when I used the battery in the 705 (got it used) with my Omni
6+, it went dead in a short time. When I used the mike without the battery
the mike pulled the voltage down to around 4 volts or so (the Omni has a 470
ohm resistor in it to limit the current). This seems like too much current
draw. What does the list think?
Chuck, KE9UW