TenTec

[TenTec] Omni 6+ DSP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6+ DSP
From: kd7efq62@hotmail.com (M.Todd Miskel)
Date: Tue Apr 29 13:16:48 2003
I agree that the DSP on my 6+ is mediocre at best for SSB work. I
am planning on getting either the Clear speech base unit DSP and
installing it inside my TT external speaker for SSB. I notice way
too much pumping of the AGC in Slow position but is somewhat better
with the AGC on fast. I would like to see someone make an upgrade for
the 6+ DSP. 73's Todd (Maybe someday I can afford a Timewave DSP, But
then $500 is a good start saving for an Orion Hi Hi.)