TenTec

[TenTec] OMNI VI Model 563 -- no digital readout (Peter Bertini)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Model 563 -- no digital readout (Peter Bertini)
From: Gregory Smith <gsmith_007@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 19:31:44 +0000
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your latest suggestions.  I verified the uP is running looking at
the ALE (pin 30), running at approx. 3.24 Mhz.  Vcc is 5.3 Vdc.

Since all the front panel switches function, I assume the uP is running the
logic ROM program.

This afternoon I just notice that the uP display clock and data outputs also go
to the PLL board 81599 that has its own Vcc power supply. If there is an issue
with that, it might cause chips U3 & U6 to load down the uP lines. I'm hoping
that is the problem. I'm seeing pulses on the uP address and data lines.

Best,
Greg (W2GLS) Gregory Smith