TenTec

Re: [TenTec] Omni VI interfacing

To: tentec@contesting.com, qrzthedx@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI interfacing
From: john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:25:42 -0400
"I'm an analog, trailing edge, albatross being drug slowly into the '20th
century.'"

Welcome  to the 20th century !   (I think)

1)Interface an OMNI VI+ to my shack computer for DX PacketCluster, rig
control & logging...

      You'll love it. Does your Omni VI have the computer I/O option?
      What software are you planning to use ? Often there's a schematic offered
for this
near-free interface (which
2) How to key the OMNI from computer logging software...

      You really wont have any problems with this (ha!) ... you can make a
cheapo keying
interface for a few cents with a couple resistors and a transistor , combined
with a parallel
port connector.   Winkey is really not required, and I've never noted any
difference keying
with XP from keying with Windows 98 machines.

Hope that helps get you started! Feel free to follow up...

John K5MO